Virtualization & Cloud
Organizations are turning to cloud computing to improve IT efficiency and business agility. With cloud computing, you can enable more flexible service delivery and automate core IT processes, including both user and application provisioning and systems management. VMware virtualization solutions accelerate an organization’s transition to the cloud, by abstracting complexity and creating an elastic pool of compute, storage and networking resources. By
virtualizing all assets in the IT infrastructure, you can create a private cloud that leverages the world’s most trusted virtualization platform, VMware vSphere
Today’s IT Challenges
IT organizations today face unprecedented challenges. Internal business customers continue to demand rapid delivery of innovative services to respond to outside threats and opportunities. Hamstrung by rigid systems and outdated processes, IT struggles to keep up, often exhausting resources simply trying to respond to changing business requests. External cloud providers present a new challenge, offering services-on-demand, bypassing IT entirely. In this tense environment IT options have been few: delay innovation that fuels the business or continue or allow business users to procure services without IT oversight that ensures reliability, security, compliance and governance standards are met for the business.
The Promise of Cloud Computing
At the core of IT’s challenges is a perennial cycle where the majority of budgets are consumed maintaining existing systems, leaving little to reinvest in growing the business. However, an increasing number of IT organizations leverage cloud to break this cycle and unlock resources to fuel innovation for the business. Cloud computing empowers IT through flexible, automated infrastructures, new on-demand service models and new levels of IT efficiency. All this allows IT to shift resources from maintaining existing systems to invest in building innovative services that drive new revenue, improve operations and advance business goals.
The Elements of Cloud Success
Those organizations most successfully leveraging cloud have transformed two major areas of IT: the technology required to build a cloud infrastructure and the core operating model needed to gain the greatest benefit from this new technology foundation. These businesses have embraced cloud as a cohesive strategy, examining how to build, operate and staff their cloud environment, while measuring the efficiency, agility and reliability improvements of cloud
VMware Cloud Solutions
VMware cloud solutions improve IT efficiency, agility and reliability, while helping IT drive innovation. VMware delivers everything IT needs to build, operate, staff, and manage your cloud, while continuously quantifying its impact. VMware helps customers evolve technical foundations, organizational models, operational processes and financial measures to establish both a cloud infrastructure and cloud operations model that delivers the greatest benefit from cloud computing. VMware cloud solutions maximize the potential of cloud computing to:
• Deliver new IT services that fuel business growth. More rapidly create and deploy services that differentiate the business
• Transform IT into a source of innovation.Unlock IT resources and reinvest in services that advance business goals
• Ensure IT efficiency, agility, and reliability.Deliver enterprise SLAs for tier 1 applications, securing the business even across diverse cloud environments
Building on the foundation of vSphere virtualization, VMware vCloud Suite abstracts, pools, and automates all IT services to deliver an elastic, easy-to-manage Software-Defined Datacenter.
• Automated provisioning and deployment. Assemble new applications from reusable components, and deploy them in minutes instead of weeks.
• Automated operations management. Efficiently run your cloud with purpose-built tools to optimize performance, ensure security, and rectify potential problems before users ever see them.
• Availability, disaster recovery, and compliance. Deliver demanding SLAs, protect your data, and verify conformance with policies and regulations.
• Visibility into IT costs. Intelligently plan capacity, optimize resource allocation, and evolve to a complete IT chargeback model.
• Full extensibility. Customize your environment, integrate third-party solutions, and interoperate with VMware-based public cloud services.
VMware Cloud Operations Services provide you with insight, prioritized recommendations, and expert guidance to transform operational processes, organizational structures, and financial models to realize the greatest value from your cloud. Our portfolio of advisory and transformation services helps customers develop key capabilities within their organization:
• On-Demand Services. Implement a new self-service model to lower IT costs and increase agility.
• Automated Provisioning and Deployment. Evolve request fulfillment, application development, and deployment processes to gain newfound efficiency.
• Incident and Problem Management. Leverage automation and policy-based management to eliminate error-prone manual processes and proactively manage systems before issues arise.
• Security, Compliance, and Risk Management. Safeguard the business by ensuring enterprise-level standards for how systems are protected across your cloud environment.
• IT Financial Management. Transition to a new financial paradigm that provides transparency and directly links the costs of IT services to their demand and consumption.